Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December 31: New Years Eve

CJ had to work New Years Eve, so my dad and I ventured around in Portland without her.  We had brunch at a cute little place called Jam.  They had snowflakes decorating the restaurant (I wish I had a picture of that).  Anyway, we made our own as we waited to be seated.  It was fun, and kept us occupied while we waited.  We then went to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.  So good!

After we picked up CJ from work, we headed to the airport to drop dad off.  Then it was back to moms for games and wine until midnight.  
At 4:53pm, I got a call from United that my flight from Chicago to Atlanta on the 1st had been canceled.  They rebooked me on the 2nd.  This was problematic.  First, I didn't want to hang out in the Chicago airport for an entire day.  Second, I needed to be back to work for orientation on Thursday.  After calling United, they rerouted me through Houston leaving January 1st, at 5:30am.  Yikes.  But at least I wasn't going to be stranded in Chicago and I'd make it back for orientation.

Look at my cute sister and her dog.
P.s. if you notice, none of my time in Oregon was spent in snow.  There was only 4 inches on the mountains.  Sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment