Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 17: Yuzhi Hu

Today we celebrated the life of a young woman who left this world far too early.  Yuzhi was a Chinese international student in a PhD program studying cellular biology.  I could talk about her short but joy filled life or how heartbroken I am for the loss of her parents only child, but I'd rather mention how impressed I was at the UGA community that came together to support her family and celebrate her life.  From support services, to the VPs office, to other administrators on campus, to our Chinese student association, to the cellular biology department, people's generosity and willingness to help in many fashions was overwhelming for me, the students, and her family. 

The service was beautiful, Yuzhi will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment