Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 29: A Jesus Church

Today we went to my sisters church for morning service (but the west side).  They've changed their name from Solid Rock to A Jesus Church: west side, or east side, etc.  The sermon was on the first three verses of 1st Thessalonians, particularly the third verse about working in faith, laboring in love, and hope in Jesus.  He challenge us to think about things this year, our responsibilities (whether work, family, etc) and what specific things God wants us to do or focus on this year.  I believe there are many specific things this year: finish dissertation, graduate, get a job.  However, I've also been thinking about the times I feel like I'm suppose to do something (yes, way more subjective) and leaning into the discomfort (or not).  More on this later, as I ponder further.

No comments:

Post a Comment