Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2: Recommendation

I've applied for a few jobs already.  Ugh, it could be a full-time job in itself.  Since I'm applying for both faculty and student affairs jobs each cover letter is different and must be tailored to the position and institution.  So between working full-time and trying to dissertate (yep, I made it a verb), I'm looking and applying for jobs.  At this time (December) I'm able to be selective and only apply for jobs I really want.  Come March or April I'll become less selective if I don't have a job.  Anyway, TW, my current supervisor sent in a recommendation for me.  The job search is a humbling process (and irrational and illogical at times) and you get rejected over and over again; yet I was blessed by his gracious email in support of me. 

1 comment:

  1. The job search is BRUTAL. Hope it's as quick and painless as possible for you!

    ReplyDelete