Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 24: Christmas Eve x2


Christmas Eve day I hung out at home, wrapped my final gifts, and nursed my cold.  That evening, we went to two, yes TWO Christmas Eve services (one at my mom's church and one at my sister's church).  Dan did the lights for their church (which were very nice) and there was a candle light portion (which always makes it feel like a Christmas Eve service (asa reminder that Jesus came to be light)).  Then we headed to the Shnitz in downtown Portland for a service.  It was freezing outside, and they didn't let us in until 10:15pm for the 11pm service.  We arrived early to get seats, so thus we waited outside.  Did I mention it was cold?  Did I mention I have a cold?  Good combo ;)  Anyway, the service was worth the wait.  There were some songs, and we read through the birth of Jesus and then John Mark give a mini-sermon.  I always enjoy hearing him speak; and welcoming in Christmas day through the service was a nice way to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

 
Cozy socks & a blanket.  Life is good.

They also had coffee, hot cocoa, and cookies available at the service. :)
Ps. her church also does this for Sunday services too. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment