Tuesday, October 29, 2013

October 29: You're Right

For as long as I can remember, I've been stubborn.  Some call it strong willed, tenacious, or determined. I believe I'm all of those, and...I'm stubborn.  There are many things the Lord continues to work with me on; some of these will be lifelong.  Although there are many wonderful things to being a determined and driven person, sometimes this means I'm not as humble as I should be.  There are times at which it's hard for me to admit I'm wrong, or that another person is right.  

One of the passages from the lectionary text this week is Psalm 149.  The fourth verse states, 'the Lord takes pleasure in his people, he adorns the humble with victory.'  The passage struck a cord with me, as my stubbornness at times, plays hand in hand with my unwavering desire to be right.  

My prayer is that I am humble, seek forgiveness, and admit my wrongdoings ... (when needed). 

2 comments:

  1. hi, your mom turned me on to your musings.. question: are you the green or the grey? Blessings, Dan E (your mom'f favourite dog-walking partner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan...haha, I'm the green. I was also just being stubborn (and trying to be funny).

    ReplyDelete