Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 26: Running

I've been trying to run more recently.  In part because I know it's good for me, and in part because I want to like running.  Really, lots of people love it, why can't I?!  Anyway, the last few times I've ran, I haven't hated it; that's progress, right.

Moreover, the Athens Half (or the AthHalf) was last weekend and I know a bunch of people who ran it...I've really only ever wanted to do the Nike Women's half marathon to say I did it, AND for the hot firefighters who give you a Tiffany's necklace at the end.  Yes, external motivation.  But I've been thinking if others can do it, maybe I can too.  

Today, I woke up with a headache, but I wanted to get a workout or run in.  About 1.5 miles in, I felt awful, head pounding, lungs aching...so I walked for half a mile before running the last mile ish.  Here's to the next run feeling better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment