Friday, October 11, 2013

Almost 33

As I get older and closer to another birthday, I often find myself associating with that age already.  For example, the last month or two, I've began calling myself 33 (when people ask).  I catch myself, correct myself, and usually say, 'I'm going to be 33 soon'.  This may be a sign of my aging, or it may be an effort to protect my heart from the shock of another year.  Regardless, it's just around the corner now.

My sister will be here to celebrate with me this year.  I'm excited that her work trip coincides with my birthday..and that she extended her trip to stay through the weekend.

I've also been thinking about the many, many changes and exciting things that will happen this next year on earth (Lord willing).

I will defend my dissertation.
I will graduate.
I will celebrate.
I will get a new job.
I will leave Athens, a place I've called home for this PhD journey.
I will move to a new city (let's hope and pray it's a good one).
...and the list goes on.

Many people in my life have done a photo a day (for a month or year) chronicling their life (the exciting, trivial, mundane...just life). I have always been fascinated by the idea but haven't brought myself to do it.  But now, with a few days before I enter another year, I'm contemplating chronicling my 33rd year of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment