Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7: Toothcase

Yesterday I went to my dentist (LOVE him) for a cleaning and x-rays.  No cavities! Additionally, they also gave me this handy tote for my toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss.  Yes, it's pink and sparkly.  It also has a handy pocket to put your next appointment card.  Anyway, today I got to use it!

I'm strange. I love brushing my teeth.  I love flossing.  I also love coffee.  So in order to keep the stain on my teeth to a minimum I am going to try and brush after I drink coffee.  Thus, this handy tote will travel with me in my purse or bag.  :)  They say that those with good oral hygiene are healthier overall.  It's probably because those of us who are crazy about this are also crazy about other things in our life too…like not eating partially hydrogenated oils.  Yep, guilty.

Also, the hygienist used a new form of fluoride this time, a varnish.  This crazy stuff is suppose to be really good and strengthen your teeth from the outside, however, it also stayed on my teeth a crazy long time.  I brushed for four minutes last night and again this morning to try and get all the stuff off.  Definitely felt like I had sweaters on my teeth.  Ewww.

No comments:

Post a Comment