Thursday, January 16, 2014

January 16: Practice Presentation

In a week and a half I will be interviewing at Texas State University for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) position.  I'm still swivel between shock, excitement, and nervousness.  As part of the interview, I have to give a research presentation and a teaching demonstration.  Today I practiced my research presentation for two of my faculty.  They both offered good feedback for improvement.  It was even kind of funny to see them offer feedback and disagree with one another.  My dissertation research is such a strange beast, I really have to make it accessible to a general audience.  Next week I'm practicing my teaching demonstration in front of students.  

In other job search stuff, I have a phone interview for a Michigan State faculty position (2-year fixed term).  Frankly, I'm surprised I have an interview (but super excited).  Oh, and it will be the morning I fly out to Texas State.  Yep, fun times.  Aside from those two, I haven't heard a peep from anywhere else I've applied.  

2 comments:

  1. Eeek! This is great news! Best wishes for fruitful interviews! (P.S. Isn't the job search process just awful?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candice! It's a nerve wracking, insanity driving process FOR SURE!

    ReplyDelete