Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17: Goodbye Facebook

...the app, that is.  I've been thinking about this for awhile.  Facebook is an easy way to keep up with people's lives, however, it is also a time consumer.  It's become habit to wake up and check facebook.  I also find myself checking fb while I wait (in line, or other times).  Since the app is on my phone, it makes it too easy to spend way too much time on the site.  So today, I deleted the app from my phone.  Although there are many reasons I like fb, I also don't like the amount of time I give it in my life.  With this dissertation looming, I am trying to eliminate other procrastination techniques.  Hopefully this will help.  If it doesn't, who knows, maybe I'll take another FB hiatus.  

1 comment:

  1. I deleted my facebook app from my phone a couple of months ago. Best decision I have made in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete