Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4: Rejection Sucks

Rejection is never easy, whether it's not getting a job or the loss of a relationship.  When I realized I was going to be in Athens for another year, I decided to give online dating a try.  For the last five months I had been getting to know this guy.  A little over a month ago we met up in Nashville.  We had a nice time and some great conversations but were unsure if/where things were headed.  The last few weeks had felt really promising as we had some great conversations and I felt like we were making an even deeper connection. Until I got an email yesterday that said he knew we weren't going to be more than friends.

I was shocked, especially given the last few weeks of conversation.

I also wasn't satisfied with the email and asked if we could Skype.  As difficult as it was, I was able to tell him my frustration and hurt and the impact his decisions had on me.  He apologized and I genuinely believe he meant it (& I believe he heard me), but it still doesn't mean and anger and hurt just go away.  Moreover, I was proud of myself.

Rejection sucks.  But sharing some wine with good friends and being able to process helps.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman and any guy who is stupid enough to let you go is not even worth you

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sister has spoken truth!

    ReplyDelete