Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18: TJs Pumpkin Stuff

I love Trader Joe's (TJs) pumpkin items. About a month ago it looked like TJs had thrown up pumpkin everywhere. Well two weeks ago when I went back to get more pumpkin stuff it was gone; yep, they were out of everything pumpkin.  I almost cried, and who wouldn't.  After calling my mom and having her check stores in Portland, I thought I was out of luck with the pumpkin stuff (note to self, buy more next year). 

Moreover, I had bought a few boxes of pumpkin bars for my friend Kristin, but with the shortage, she was only going to get one of the three I had originally intended for her.

Anyway, before I left for the conference I got a text message from my mom asking if I had checked my mail.  I hadn't in awhile.  Upon checking my mail I found this package!  Apparently, my mom had called around to various stores, even some in California where Dan was visiting.  Between the two of them they found three pumpkin bar boxes, a pumpkin muffin mix, AND a pumping pancake mix.  So on Monday morning I gleefully enjoyed a pumpkin bar.  I will, however, be savoring these and rationing them.  Next November is a loooong time to wait for more pumpkin items.

Thank you mom & Dan for going to extraordinary lengths to find and mail me pumpkin stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment