Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6: Welcome!

I was trying to go to bed early on Thursday as I was physically and mentally tired.  As I laid in bed my phone began to ping.  Normally I mute my phone but for whatever reason, the ringer was still on.  I switched my phone to vibrate but it kept buzzing every few minutes.  After checking my phone I realized I was getting many welcome to Texas State emails.  Paige (the program coordinator) had also sent an email letting me know she had announced my hire to the Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) students, student affairs, and the Counseling, Leadership, Adult Education and School Psychology (CLAS) department where the SAHE program resides.  It's encouraging to see people as excited as I am about my appointment.  

Random aside, Jennica is one of my former students in North Russell.  Our paths crossed then because she had some roommate issues.  Interestingly, she is a 2nd year at Texas State.  Although I don't get to have her in class, I'm sure our paths will cross again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment