Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 4: Rollercoaster

Yesterday morning I went to the doctor because I was having a strange pressure in my right side.  Back in 2011, the drs found a cyst on my left ovary and the ovary and tube needed to be removed as it had taken over my ovary.  Fast forward to yesterday when the doctor told me she felt a mass in my ovary, note the only one I have left.  I held it together in the office but burst into tears many times throughout the day.  The doctor isn't sure what she felt specifically and in order to be cautious, she scheduled more tests to be run on Friday.

It's really hard not to borrow worry, and I have been praying for peace.  Needless to say that's a difficult thing for me, not to worry.  What does this mean?  What if I have to have surgery, or worse? Anyway, God showed up in a very big and unexpected way yesterday.  Near the end of the day I got a call from Texas State and ... they offered me the job!

I would have done kartwheels if I knew how.  I just felt like the institution, people, and program were such a good fit.  All this to say, it's really hard to worry when you are also really excited.  It was a rollercoaster of a day full of almost every emotion.  Thank you, thank you Jesus for this blessing and I ask that you continue to show up in amazing ways on Friday as I go for more tests.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for another positive outcome, peace, and confidence in the One who loves you most!

    ReplyDelete