Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gardening

My grandpa had a green thumb.  He grew all sorts of things when they lived up on the hill: veggies, fruits, trees, flowers, and everything in between.  I wish I had that same gifting. I love flowers, and I'd love to grow my own veggies & herbs.

In the spring I bought some Lantana and Black Eyed Susans.  The Black Eyed Susan has grown like crazy and the Lantana has been a pain... well, more of an itch.  Yep, I'm one of the few individuals who breaks out in a rash if I touch the plant.  That makes pruning real fun.

However, the bigger accomplishment is a little flower that has sprouted from a seed.  That's right friends, I planted SEEDs and amazingly enough...I didn't kill them (yet).  The little plant has a fair amount of greenery and five or six little flowers.

For me, it's the simple things in life that bring me great joy.  Like walking out of my apartment and seeing my little potted garden and the most amazing little flowers that have grown from seeds planted in the dirt.  Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment