Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh Happy (Satur)Day! (Week 2)

The students are divided into three groups: Sprinboks (rugby), Bafanas (soccer), and Stormer (rugby).  Chase and I represent the Stormers and during our second week in Cape Town, the Stormers headed off to adventure week to go on safari, shark cage diving, ride elephants and more.  YES, I'm jealous.  But it was also a nice week for Chase and I to lounge around and... get sick :/  Despite being sick, the week was filled with walks, grocery shopping, enjoying may sunsets, and a trip to the waterfront to work.  

A picture of us early Monday morning to see them off!
Saturday mornings are spent at the Old Biscuit Mill (OBM).  It's a great open market with all sorts of goodies and treats!  
After staying in line for-e-ver, the power went out when I was NEXT in line to receive my coffee.  Apparently, there was a fire that shut down power somewhere nearby.  Bummer.  I was excited about some delicious coffee with my banana and Nutella crepe!  Don't worry, the crepe was delicious!
Tiffany, Mallory, and I at OBM!
After OBM, a group of us went to promote the wine & bread for the Amy Biehl foundation. A portion of the proceeds to go help the foundation which provides after school programming in the township of Guguletu. We sold a couple bottles...and I bought one too. The individuals selling the bread sold it all!
And that was the end of week two, and it was good!



1 comment:

  1. I think someone photo jumped the one of the three of you ;)

    ReplyDelete