Wednesday, June 13, 2012

OBM (repeata)

Old Biscuit Mill has quickly become a favorite place on Saturday mornings.  The Saturday before week four, I was talking with Christina and realized she had yet to visit the OBM! Ah! (Christina is my roommate for these five weeks in Cape Town). So even though it was a crazy grading weekend for me (service week had eight assignments for them to complete in their big blue books)...I took a few books with me and we headed to the OBM.

Now everyone rants and raves about the eggs benedict...and although I don't like runny eggs, we decided to split a plate (just to say we tried it).  And the verdict is (drum roll please)...
I still don't like runny eggs...and I make no exception for this eggs benedict.  People think I'm crazy, but Christina wasn't too fond of it either.  That's okay, there are plenty of other delicious treats and savory goodness at the OBM that they can have their egg benedict! ;)
Another delicious treat we discovered this time was the chocolate ice cream from the Chocolatire. It's fresh, homemade, and they cover it in chocolate sauce that hardens...it's delightful!
Even as I sit here and realize that Saturday is coming, I'm filled with excited and sadness as I realize it will be my last trip to the OBM. 

Signing off with mixed emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment