Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Five Years of Blogging Bliss

Well friends, I am writing this post while sitting in the Primi food cafe in Cape Town, South Africa on the V&A waterfront. As I was thinking about blogging, I wanted to see how long I had been at it...and realized that on June 19th I will have been blogging for five years (sometimes more consistently than others).  So why am I writing this post now and delaying it until the 19th...well, first because I will be traveling back to the states on the 17th & 18th and probably won't feel like blogging (or may forget to blog) on the 19th.  Second, I've been thinking a lot about the similarities and differences with South African history and our own US history in terms of oppression and slavery and June 19th (or Juneteenth) holds a place in US history in celebration of the end of slavery (particularly in Texas and the mid-US states) as the day they found out about their freedom. So June 19th holds many special and symbolic places.

Anyway, here's to five years of blogging bliss.  Thanks blogspot for the memories, may we have many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment