Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday

Last year I experienced my first black Friday and to tell you the truth, I was a little disappointed. There were no crazy lines (practically no lines at all). No rushing, pushing, or anything of the sort. Realizing the economy probably played a large part in last years' uneventful Black Friday, I didn't have much hope of seeing any craziness this year. Lisa, Ryn, and I left Baylor at 4:30am in hopes of seeing some of Waco's crazies (those who got in line at 2am or earlier for some prized item). Well...when we arrived at Target 10 minutes before the doors opened at 5am, my dreams became reality. There was a line from one door, down the side, around the corner, and back to the door. Crazy. I got out of the car to take a picture then back to the car to wait until the doors opened.

Target was a zoo. After searching for a variety of Christmas gifts, we headed to the line. Getting into the line that fed into the lanes we waited patiently for our turn. Only an hour later, we found we were standing in line for isle 17. Yep, other people decided to form their own lines, but us rule followers stayed in the intended line (don't worry, I'm not bitter) :).

From there we hit a couple other stores such as Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohls (with a stop for Panera breakfast in between). It was a fun experience with some great company (I'm not interested in doing black Friday without fun friends to withstand the lines with!) and I was definitely able to see some crazies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment