Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Baylor Line

Every home football game, prior to kick off, the freshmen charge the field and line up to cheer the football players onto the field. This is known as running the Baylor Line.

During the last home game of the season, seniors can also run the Baylor Line one last time. Well, since I've been around for a few years, I've never run the line. Now, I know what you are thinking, I'm not a student and never was...but, how fun would it be to run the line?!

On Saturday, Ryn and I ran the line. After trading our tickets out for student tickets, borrowing a couple line jerseys, sneakily showing our IDs as we passed through security, and waiting in line for 42 minutes, we were able to run across the field and cheer on the Baylor Bears!

It was an adrenaline rush. I'm not sure if that was because we were sneaky and ran 'illegally' or if it was the rush of running the field with thousands of people watching and yelling.
Check me out in my Baylor Line jersey. The back says, SWIMDUDE...thanks to my former CL, Jason, for letting me borrow it!
The back of Ryn's said, POOH, one of my students let her borrow it...yay. And I need to remember to ask her why she put pooh on the back. ;)
Getting ready to run...the band is currently on the field.

I thought about trying to run with my camera. However, between holding my purse and trying not to trip in my flip flops (not the wisest choice), I figured I'd be sure to fall if I also tried to video the run.

However, I did get a shot of the Baylor players running past the line.
What a fun memory! I'm really glad we jumped through all the hoops in order to run the line, I would recommend it...at least once!

3 comments:

  1. You're such a rule-breaker! :) Looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog look (or maybe since I subscribe to your blog and don't usually visit the real thing, its been like this for while?)

    Anyway, so glad you ran the line!! We ran the line with the Bylers our very first game at Baylor. I had no idea what we were getting into, but it was so much fun and , like you said, highly recommended!!!

    I can see the Lariat headlines now - "Baylor Staff Weaves a Deceptive Web to Run the Line"

    ReplyDelete
  3. running w/your purse gives new meaning to the expression "you run like a girl"! sounds like you're filling the year w/memorable events! glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete