Saturday, June 13, 2009

Creative Studying

It's sad when the baristas at Starbucks recognize you. Clearly, I have spent way to much time at the Starbucks in Bellmead. However, it's a great place to study. It's clean, there are little to no distractions (like a house that needs cleaning, or students parading in the lobby), and with my iPod I can escape to the world of memorization.

Well, not wanting to appear a bigger nerd than I already am, I try not to spend too many nights in a row, nor too many weekend nights at Starbucks. Yet with many words left unknown, I decided to change up the routine.

Megan (who is also studying for the GRE) and I went to Lake Waco on Satuday for some fun in the sun with our vocab words. It was 102 degrees outside, yet with the breeze from the lake and the chilled water on our feet, the heat was more than bearable.
We litterally stood kneed deep in the water with our flash cards. The only regret was that we didn't bring/wear our suits, the water was too enticing and on more than one occasion we joked about getting in our full clothing. We learned our lession...next time, wear the suits. :)

What a nice change to the mundane task of memorization...and I'm sure the baristas didn't miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment