Saturday, May 2, 2009

Still in love


with my coffee pot. Yes, that's right. I purchased my coffee pot about 2 years ago, and I'm still in love with it! What's so spectacular about this coffee pot, you may ask. Well...

everything.

I began drinking coffee in grad school. At that time in my life it was a necessity for survival, however, I was partial to Starbucks lattes and the like. Well, a few years ago, and many cups of coffee after grad school, I decided to make the commitment and join the world of adulthood by purchasing my very own coffee pot.

Knowing nothing about coffee pots, I sat in Target dazed by the choices. Do I want 10 cups or 12? Do I want a timer? Why would I need a timer? Do I want a delay setting? What's the difference between glass and thermal chrome?

For those of you who know me, I make very purposeful, deliberative decisions. And...it often takes me forever to finally decide, especially on something as important as a coffee pot.

Well, I did what any young adult would do. I went home, got on the internet, and called my mom. :)

After doing all the research, evaluating the pros and cons, and my mom convincing me that the cheapest isn't always the best investment...I splurged and bought my very own, cute and functional, coffee pot!
This sucker comes with all the bells and whistles, but my two favorite features are the delay brew and the thermal carafe. The delay brew lets you set it up your coffee pot 24 hours in advance. I find this especially useful on early mornings. I set my coffee maker to brew in the morning and when I wake up, my coffee is a friendly greeter! My second and most favorite (but don't tell the delay brewer function; it's like Christa finding out she's not the favorite), is the thermal carafe.

On mornings like today, I love brewing coffee and heading back to bed. I can take my carafe with me, read a book in bed, and know that my coffee is warm and waiting for me to drink in my carafe on my nightstand. It's fabulous!

You may mock, but you're just jealous. :)

But really, I do love mornings like today with little to no agenda for the day. A lazy day of sorts. And it's on days like this, I especially value my investment in my ever so smart, self cleaning, beautifully designed...coffee pot. :)

2 comments:

  1. no no no i know i am the fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. forget the conversation about faves, i wanna know where i can get one that's self cleaning!!! you got such a deal!!!!

    ReplyDelete