Friday, May 1, 2009

Jugular of the Jabberwoky!

So my friend Megan (who I also work with at Baylor), has a netflix subscription. I am often the beneficiary of her generosity in this regard. Many times, we have sat and watched new (or newish) movies because of this lovely subscription. I've even thought about getting one, but at this point, I need to be doing other things then watching movies (or at least not too many as I would be privy to on a netflix site).

Last week a long awaited movie arrived. Megan and I had been talking about this movie coming for awhile, and I was ecstatic that it finally came in the mail.

This movie brings back childhood memories. This movie provides educational moments for children. This movie scared the snot out of me when I was a child. And after having watched it last night, it still deserves that recognition.

Alice in Wonderland and Alice through the Looking Glass (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088693/) was produced in 1985 and was a made for TV movie. It was a two night special, Wonderland being first and following it up with the Looking Glass.

I remember enjoying the movie and hating the Jabberwoky. The same would be true today; I was surprised how creepy and disturbing the Jabberwoky was, even as an adult.

All this to say, a group of us watched the movie last night, ate cake in ice cream cones, and reminisced about our childhood favorites. Additionally, I stayed up way past my bedtime, which I suppose could be remnant of my childhood as well.

So the instructions said to use cupcake tins and then put the batter in the ice cream cups and turn them upside down in the tins. Maybe this works?! But I chose the less complicated method and simple filled them and let them bake standing up. You will see, however, that a few in the back are a bit deformed (and overflowing). Just means more to love/eat!

I didn't want to wait...My icing was a little melty because the concoction was still a bit warm. Yumm!

Megan and I had gone to the store to pick up dessert items when we thought these could be a great idea; a childhood movie with a childhood favorite dessert! The dessert was a hit!

Meredith didn't even realize she had frosting on her nose :)

What fun memories we shared, and built!


1 comment: