Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

I fought against the urge. It was difficult. I wanted to give in, but I didn't (at least not much).

I took Memorial Day off, from studying that is. :) So here are some highlights from the day.

8:30am: Woke up
9:30am: Actually got out of bed (I love lazy mornings!)
10am: Cleaned, laundered, etc
1pm: Errands
3pm: POOL! Sarah and I went to the pool for some fun in the sun! Although not too much fun in the sun as I'm on an antibiotic that says 'no excessive sun exposure' ;)
5:30pm: BBQ with friends!

Here are some pictures from the BBQ. I didn't take many; you know, trying to live the memory. :)

We had some particularly yummy food! I made a fruit salad w/homemade whip (it went fast)! Sarah made some sweet tea, and green beans and potatoes (yum). And lastly, Beth brought a marbled brownie dessert. Ohhh, it was good and I'm sure everything in it was all natural and had absolutely no partially hydrogenated oils.
I love BBQs! Look, we're excited about the BBQ.
Sarah's infamous sweet tea...yumm!
Here is a picture of Beth and Amelia. What a neat family, the Smarts! And look how artsy the photo turned out. It was a gorgeous day outside, fabulous weather, and wonderful friends!
I stole the photo below from Smart's site. It's such a cute picture, of Amelia. It cracks me up, we were trying so hard to get her to smile. Of course, she smiled a lot, just not for the camera!

2 comments:

  1. I also think that's a good picture of you...glad you saw it on the blog since I couldn't tag you on FB :-) I like the beautiful TX sky behind me and AJ too.

    ReplyDelete