Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Joys of Spring Cleaning

I enjoy cleaning. It probably has something to do with the instant gratification. Something is dirty, then it's clean. Now I know may people don't like the process one undergoes in getting those things from dirty to clean, but I do. Usually they are pretty easy, especially if you keep up with them, and the product is both rewarding and enjoyable.

The GRE, however, has no instant gratification. Studying for it is arduous and frustrating. I am going to try and devote more and more time to it as this school year comes to a close, however, I would much rather spend my time doing other things, like...spring cleaning.

At least once a year, I go through most, if not all, of my earthly possessions and make piles; 1. keep, 2. give away, 3. donate to the landfills (or recycle if it's possible).

So today, on this Sunday, when I've spent a good chunk of my afternoon cleaning and organizing, I'm tempted to spring clean. Knowing, however, that this process entails far more time than I should devote to it, I'll save it for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment