Saturday, December 3, 2011

Stacie & Andre's Wedding

I met Stacie back at Baylor, many many years ago.  And it was a joy to see her walk down the isle and marry Andre.  The weather in Florida was perfect, and the ceremony was wonderful.  I pray they honor each other and bring glory to God through their union.  Many blessings hoped for them!

Here are some pictures from the wedding.  I love watching the groom when the bride walks in, he had tears in his eyes :).
The ceremony was officiated by Stacie's friend Kelly.  "Out of 7billion people in this world, you two chose each other."  Chose, I love the purposefulness of the statement, of love, and of the ceremony.
I LOVE this picture as they walked down the isle as husband and wife.  :)
The first official announcement as they entered the reception.  
Some of you may have known, but just a two weeks before the wedding, Stacie's dad was hospitalized and in lots of pain.  After loads of tests, they didn't think he would be healthy enough to travel from Pennsylvania to the wedding in Florida.  Prayers went up around the country, and the world.  Just a few days before the wedding he was cleared to attend, and although he was in pain, he was determined to walk her down the isle and dance with her.  Even now, my eyes are filling with tears thinking about this.  As I was taking pictures as the wedding I began crying while they were dancing.  Her family are very precious people and I know how much it meant to Stacie to dance with her daddy.
Below is a picture of Christy, me, and Amy; all Baylor folk who were able to make it to the wedding.  Christy, Larry, and I actually drove down to the wedding together and stayed in a wonderful condo while in Florida.  Amy and her husband live on the other side of Atlanta, although I don't see them as often as I wished.  We had wonderful times laughing at the wedding and enjoying each others company.  What a great reason to all get together...only miles and miles away from home. 
 The Tietjen's with Stacie.
 Love my friend Stace!
 And last, but not least, the Correll-Hughes'
Again, the wedding was lovely and I pray their marriage will overflow with love, joy, and laughter! 

While we were down in Florida, I also got a chance to visit with Jennifer.  We went to Disney World, yep that's right.  And by Disney World, I mean Magic Kingdom

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment