Saturday, December 3, 2011

Grandpa's Memorial

Ten days after surgery, I was on a plane to California for my grandpa's memorial service.  It was a lovely event with family and friends remembering my grandpa's life.  Here are some pictures from the event.
A memory table was created with all sorts of favorite things or found memories of (Wilbur) Paul Rhymes' life on earth.  What a blessing he was to his family and to others.  It was neat to explain all the items to various family and friends.  He was deeply loved.
For those who know my sister, she doesn't cry very often.  Thus, when it happens, I tried to catch it on film. :)  Love her.
Our dear family friends Deana and Jessica came up from Stockton for the memorial service.  Love these people, they really are like family!  My mom and Deana have been friends since they were pregnant with my sister and Jessica.
Look, you can't even tell that I had surgery 10 days ago.  I was exhausted but so grateful for the time with my family.
On my dad's side, my sister is the youngest cousin, on my mom's side, I'm the oldest...although not hard when there are only four on my mom's side ;)
It was neat to see how many of my grandma's family came for the service, they loved Paul as much as any of us.  My grandma is the one in purple.  LOVE her and can't wait to see her at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment