Saturday, June 12, 2010

Gut Paks & Gorillas

At 12:29pm there was a knock at my door. The day had come. It was time to go. After locking my door and situating myself in the vehicle, we were off.

Crazy.

The car ride wasn't as long as I had anticipated. The conversation was good. We talked about life, anticipation, friends...and before I knew it, we had arrived at our destination.

Vitek's.

Yes, that's right, today...for the first time ever in my life, I ate...a...gut pak.

After having made my bucket list of things to do before I leave Texas, the Smart's offered to help me cross a few things off my list. Originally, the plan was to help me document some of the uniqueness of this city (the catfish truck, the gorilla). But on Thursday, I received a disturbing email from Beth stating that the catfish truck was no more. Apparently, it got tired of sitting on land in a giant ugly truck and found it's way back home into the Brazos....Okay, I really have no idea where it is now, but doesn't that make for a much happier story?! Ps the catfish is a fake catfish so it really can't find it's way back anywhere.

Wow. Detour.

So, Peter, Beth, AJ, and I ate at Vitek's for lunch (another item on my bucket list). It was...actually really good. Beth and I split a small order while Peter and AJ tackled the normal sized order. :)

What's in a Gut Pak? I know you're asking yourself this...well, here's the sign. Classy. :)
Peter and AJ with their Gut Pak.
And Beth and me with our small order to split. :)
Aside from the fact that I wasn't able to get AJ's cutie face in the picture...I did pretty good.
After getting our fill, we headed to Austin Ave in order to take pictures with the gorilla. For those of you who don't know, this giant gorilla lives in someone's yard and is repainted every so often. Today, the gorilla was outfitted in some blue pants a white and red button up with a I (heart) MOM tattoo on its shoulder.
Yay for checking another item off the Texas bucket list...but even more importantly, I had a good time with the time with the Smart's! I thoroughly enjoy their family and it was neat to share these memories with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment