Saturday, March 8, 2014

March 8: Common Sense

This factor analysis book has practically been my Bible during this analysis and write up phase.  I am really, really grateful I purchased it back when I was taking psychometrics.  Anyway, today I came across this sentence...with all factor analytic approaches, common sense is needed to make the best decisions.  I laughed.  Yes, because the subjectivity of this 'quantitative and therefore sometimes seemingly objective' work is totally subjective.  Yes, I have made LOADS of decisions (sometimes using theory and sometimes common sense) along the way.  I'm happy to talk more about this, but to most, they would politely nod and smile...frankly there are days I just want to do the same (and have someone tell me the answers).

No comments:

Post a Comment