Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5: Lent

Today begins the season of Lent.  It's a time for Christians to prepare ourselves for Good Friday and the journey to the cross.  Many people during this season give up something.  I love this time of year.  It's a time to pause and reflect.  It's a time to prepare my heart for this upcoming season.  Lent also seems to happen in a crazy time of the academic year.  Things are busy with projects, or programs, ... or this little book report.  Anyway, I've bee thinking about what to sacrifice during this season.  Sugar?  Coffee?  Right, that's not even a serious option right now.  And as I began thinking about giving up (or taking something on, which I have often done in the past), I began thinking about how my time feels so precious right now.  The days are counting down until graduation.  I'm trying to finish this little dissertation.  Time is precious and of the essence.  Aside from exercise being one of the first things to go when I get busy and stressed (yes, I know it helps relieve stress, but ... whatever, why am I justifying it) is time reading, meditating, and praying.  Often I'll still find a few minutes to get on facebook, but I won't open my bible.  Therefore, during this crazy busy time, and in this season of Lent I am making it a priority to give of what feels very precious to me... my time.  This d365 is a simply devotion that goes through an item to have you pause, listen, think, pray, and go.  I like it because of it's simplicity and profoundness.  I am setting aside time each day to walk through these entries.

Jesus, take my time, draw me closer to you as I prepare and journey to the cross.  Guide me.  Reveal yourself more to me.  May this journey to the cross make me more like you, an my may life draw others to you and your deep love.

No comments:

Post a Comment