Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pastor Wayne

When we lived in Stockton, we went to a church of the Nazarene that was lead by pastor Wayne.  I grew up in that church.  I don't keep in contact with many of my friends from my childhood, but there are some who I am 'friends' with on facebook.

Anyway, last night as I tossed and turned and prayed for sleep, I got a text from my sister that pastor Wayne had gone missing.  Apparently he and some others were out in the woods, they each went out to scout, and Wayne never came back.  When it got dark, they alerted the sherif, and by evening they were sending out search parties.

Since I was awake, I used that opportunity to pray.

I don't know when I feel asleep but it was somewhere in the midst of prayer.  I slept deeply.  When I awoke, I almost immediately checked facebook. 

He was found.

At 1:45am, the search and rescue found him with a sprained ankle sitting on a slab of granite rock.  I'm guessing it wasn't intentionally poetic, but how iconic that Jesus is our rock and foundation.

And maybe, just maybe I was restless last night so that I could join with other saints in prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment