Friday, September 9, 2011

Research Progress!

Today was beautiful!  The temperature was 80 degrees and a light breeze.  Just wonderful.

On top of that, I have been working on my research (faculty-student interaction) since I started this PhD process.  However, since the end of January, I began trying to make significant progress.  I was using one woman to try and solicit participants...and after months of trying...I decided to change my targeted population.  After working with one of the student workers in my office, she gave me names of students who would fit my new criteria. 

Since my research project is qualitative, I only need six to eight students to interview.  Well...after today, I have four of the six completed...and another scheduled for Monday afternoon.  I am really hoping that I can find and squeeze another in before surgery (it would be ideal).

So today, after months and moths of standstill, I made a gigantic leap forward!

Coupled with the beautiful weather and getting to walk a dog (pets are great therapy), today was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. animals are amazing therapy, as are small children! they're great distraction and sometimes help w/perspective. love ya, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete