Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweet Surprise

Friday evening, I hung out with the Correll-Hughes'. Not only are they great people, it just nice to feel as though you are known. I enjoyed getting to know new people and making new friendships, but every now and again it's nice to go...where everybody knows your name.

Anyway.

When I arrived at the CH home, Larry mentioned that his friend Megan who worked in Housing at UGA would be joining us but that she was late and we should start eating. After dinner, we sat out on the porch chatting. There was a knock at the door and Larry went to answer it. As two women entered the house, I thought, wow, his friend Megan looks a lot like my friend Megan.

Then it hit me. It WAS my friend Megan. Ha.

Rewind to earlier in the day. I was hanging out with Laura. Laura is a 2nd year in the Masters program and did her summer internship at Baylor. I was using her ticket into the game, as she wasn't going to be going. When she gave me her ID (how the student tickets are issued) she also gave me another ticket. She said this was in case I couldn't get in on her ID. I laughed and asked if she remembered Megan from Baylor. I made some sort of comment that Megan was going to be upset because I had an extra ticket to the Arkansas v. Georgia game (Meg is Arkansas alum).

Fast forward. I was surprised to see Megan, I even asked...what are you doing here? Then I laughed and told her she was in luck, that I 'randomly' had an extra ticket to the game. Oh yeah, not random.

Megan had planned it. All very last minute of course. Her friend Alicia had posted on facebook that she wanted to go to the Arkansas Georgia game. Megan asked her if she was serious, since Alicia currently resides in the state of Arkansas. She was. So they began trying to make plans. It wasn't until Wednesday that things looked like a go. Megan had called Laura, secured a ticket, talked with Larry and Christy to make sure I was around. And the rest...history.

It was a nice visit. Quick, but nice.

Saturday we went to the game. Saturday night we hung out with some of Megan's Arkansas people. Sunday (today) she left to go back to Little Rock (drop off Alicia) then head back to Waco.

What a fun surprise!

Megan and I on the bus to the game
Noon kick off, it was hot!
SEC football! WOOHOO!
Goooooo Dawgs, Sic Em, woof, woof, woof, woof
Sorry for the whistler, and yes, she was just as annoying in person. SEC football is something to marvel at. We were in the 'overflow' student section as the first was filled AND we figured it may be safer for Megan as an Arkansas fan. I was excited to experience my first game with Megan. Again, what a fun surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment