Friday, July 23, 2010

Check List Bust

After getting (mostly) settled in my apartment, and the fam is gone, I have a hefty checklist to accomplish. Today, I decided to:

*tackle the bus system
*turn in my HR forms: so that I can begin my assistantship
*get the ISBNs for my fall books (from the bookstore): so that I can purchase them cheaper elsewhere
*get my ID card
*enroll for my health insurance: needed to talk with HR about this

Now, before I get to the checklist, let me say I am loving my apartment location. It is within walking distance to my classes and literally 30 feet away from the bus line I will take to my assistantship. Con. ven. ient. Another blessing!

I did my research on the bus schedule. Planned my route. Got off where I thought I was suppose to be. Wrong.

Walked around, waited in the heat, and got back on the bus.

Upon arriving at the bookstore (and right across the way from my assistantship), I tried to get my ID card. Apparently, I can't get one until August 2nd. Bust.

Then I went to the bookstore and tried to find my books. Many of them weren't there, so I was only able to get the ISBNs for a couple of them. Bust.

I got back on the bus and headed to HR to turn in my paperwork. When I arrived I found out the system is now online and I have to contact the grad office for some number to register with. Bust.

And last, but definitely not least, I talked with the woman about enrolling for student insurance. I apparently can't do that until I have an ID card...but I think I may be able to find my way around this one. But for today...bust.

I did, however, find the bus ride around the campus enjoyable, found myself laughing at myself on more than one occasion, and I learned a bit more about the routes I should and should not be taking. :)

I am grateful I have another whole week before I have to start work.

No comments:

Post a Comment