Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sweet CLs

Not so sweet smell.

Last week two of my CLs held an event for the Baylor Business Women. The event was a dinner where the women learned proper dinning etiquette. My CLs planned the event, set up for the event, and in turn took everything down. As part of the table decorations, they bought lilies.

After the event, I got a call from Gretchen asking if I was in my apartment because her and Kalie wanted to bring over a gift. Intrigued, and on my way back to my apartment, I told them I'd be there in a few.

When I got back, they were standing outside my door with tons of flower arrangements eager to give them away (so sweet!).

Today, when I went to clean my apartment I noticed a funky smell in my kitchen. Wondering if I accidentally left something out, I searched for the smell. These beautiful little flowers were the source!

As I cleaned the vase, I was surprised by how potent the smell was. Only a week after their gift and yet, the smell (especially when disturbed) was enough to make me grab a towel to cover my nose and mouth.

Again...what a sweet gesture, but not such a sweet smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment