Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7: Dissertation Defense

Today I successfully defended my dissertation and became Dr. Dean.  It's strange, but glorious.  It's been a long four years filled with a lot of fun and learning, but also a lot of tears and grief.  Today was a good day.  My defense went well, obviously, and my committee offered great feedback into ways I can strengthen some sections of my dissertation (read: more edits) and publications that can come out of my dissertation.  Dr. Cooper was really proud of the work I did, and I could not have made it through this process without her!

She also really, really loved the gift of a Texas State University mug and the tea from South Africa.  After the defense, I celebrated with some friends at the capital room with drinks and appetizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment