Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Firsts!

This trip is full of firsts (and will continue to be)!  First...the internet here can create a challenge in blogging.  However, my hope is to blog twice a week about my experiences.  Since it is late (and I am still finishing up some things for class tomorrow...yikes), I am going to keep this short.  Here are a few pictures thus far.  

After leaving Atlanta on Friday, spending 12 hours in Frankfurt airport on Saturday, Johannesburg on Sunday into Cape Town, it's been a whirlwind.  My traveling companions (Christina (who is also my roommate here) and Chase (who I'm partnered with for the trip)) had a lot of memory making opportunities on the trip.  I will share the longer story later.  For now here is a picture of us. 
Along with never leaving the North American continent (first first), I had never flown in a double decker plane.  I was intrigued (and it was super nice)!
While on our 12 hour layover in Frankfurt Germany, we treated ourselved to Haagen Dazs (sp?).  I mean, you can't be in Germany and not have Haagen Dazs icecream right?! ;)
But seriously, it was quite the adventure getting here, but we all made it.  And the long days and amazing adventures have begun.  Well, that's it for now.  I'm pooped and I have got to get to bed.

Ohhh, did I mention our hotel is right on the beach of the Atlantic ocean?!  Oh, it is.  I'll post a picture of the amazing sunsets sometime!  Breathtaking!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more twice a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.gosh!!!! JEALOUS!!! FIVE WEEKS?!?!?! can we come, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your one day notice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking about you and hoping you are well as you move through your second week! =)

    ReplyDelete