Thursday, October 28, 2010

Washington Farms Corn Maze

So I'm trying not to bury myself in school work.  This will be harder and harder the next fews weeks as projects are due, and I'm trying to prepare for hurdle #1 of 11 of the PhD process (oh, and passing every class, but I'm not adding those to the list).  

Last Saturday, I was invited to a corn maze.  I enjoy mazes, and it was a good chance to get out of the house and interact with some other doc students.  

Here are some pics from the night.  Below is Nikki, she's a first year doc student in the same program.
 The group of us ready to tackle the maze.  Well, errr, the picture was actually taken after, so more appropriately...the group of us that survived the maze.
 This particular field had two mazes, a short and a long.  One way to enter the long maze was via a homemade pipe slide.  Don't be fooled, it was a beast.  We watched little children slide down and they barely made it off the end.  Well, with a little extra weight (compared to a 10 year old) I slide down in a hurry...and laughed the entire way down.  Here's a pic of Jen (a doc student currently in dissertation phase; and look if she can walk away from writing and studying...so.can.I.) :)


(Below) they had a pumpkin you could stand next to to measure your height.  This just proves that I am taller than my sister :)  Or rather that I'm clever enough to stand on some hay to make myself appear to be 6ft. tall.
Overall the maze was fun and the company was nice.  I'm guessing that I'll make another trip back to Washington Farms multiple times in the next three years as they have all sorts of seasonal festivities.

1 comment:

  1. umm that just PROVES you know how to cheat and since you are cheating i take it you know you are shorter then me and you have to make up ways to "prove" you are taller then me which you are not :)

    ReplyDelete