Thursday, June 26, 2008

it's official!

I'm moving...not far that is...I have decided to change halls for next year.  So, what does that mean...it means I'm packing boxes, my house is a disaster, and life is crazy.  However, I am excited about this move.  Granted, it isn't what I thought I'd be doing right now...yes, I thought I'd be moving, but not across campus.  So why the move?  Well, this building will be co-ed, which will be different than the last three year (with 500 freshman women) and it will be a mix of freshman and upperclassmen.  In addition, I will be able to work with a living learning community.  This is a community that lives together and takes classes together, two of which I will be teaching.  Yes, that's right, I will get to teach a class in the fall AND one in the spring!  WOOHOO!  Additionally, this living learning community is in leadership, which is what I want to be doing in the long run anyway...so that is very exciting.  ALSO, I know it may not seem like a big deal, but I will be working by myself.  No assistant hall director.  Now I have loved both Ssereta and Charity, but I am very excited to be running things by msyelf...but a little nervous at the same time.  :)  But only a little!

So...anyway, I just thought in the middle of my packing I'd stop and write a little note.  I will post pictures of my next place once I get in...which I'm not sure when that will be yet.  I actually don't have a move date yet either, but they like to give you a moments notice and since the current director will be leaving on Saturday, I am hopeful that I'll get in next week sometime...crossing my fingers! :)

8 comments:

  1. woohoo! change is good :) i see great things in your future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new info please... and call me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really you are moiving... is this again... LOL ... will we get to see pics of this new place since we did not get to see em of the last ohhh wait never mind this is still the same blog LOL

    ReplyDelete