Saturday, November 3, 2007

yet another visit

So on Monday, the 12th, I went back to the surgeon. He's decided enough is enough and he wants to remove the cyst and the right half of my thyroid. He wants to do this before Christmas, however, I have an appointment on December 5th with the endocrinologist (for a second opinion). All this to say, things are still pretty up in the air. I was really hoping and praying that draining it would take care of the problem. But ultimately he's concerned because it keeps coming back and apparently there is no absolute way to be sure that it's not cancerous unless you remove it. So...I'd appreciate your prayers for wisdom and guidance for the doctors as they try to figure this out and the same for me as I have to make decisions about surgeons, hospitals, etc, etc, etc. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment